America Mineiro vs Atletico Mineiro
Competition: Brazil Serie A
Date: 8 June 2018
Kick-off: 02:00 CET
América Mineiro have undoubtedly been one of the pleasant surprised of the season thus far, sitting at the middle of the table, on 14 points from nine matches. It should be mentioned though that 12 out of those 14 points have been earned at home, where they have four wins and a defeat, having already played five matches there. Last weekend they beat Atlético Paranaense 3-1, despite going 0-1 down in the 38th minute, and being at 1-1 until the 75th. Carlinhos, João Ricardo, Lima, Mateusinho and Rafael Moura are injured and unavailable. They should start the game with Jori, Norberto, Messias, Matheus Ferraz, Giovanni, Leandro Donizete, Christian, Serginho, Luan, Aylon and Judivan.
América and Atlético Mineiro are both on 14 points from nine matches, América are more than fine with that, but things are very different at Atlético, where a group of fans protested the other day, asking both the players and the board of directors to… shape up. On the field, Atlético have won just one of their last five games in all competitions, the Belo Horizonte derby against Cruzeiro. Off the field, the club have failed to sign the players they wanted, receiving back-to-back “no” answers. This is a Belo Horizonte derby as well, but nowhere near the one between Atlético and Cruzeiro. Left-back Fábio Santos is out due to cards. Right winger Clayton is injured and unavailable. They are expected to start the game with Victor, Patric, Leonardo Silva, Gabriel, Juninho, Adílson, Gustavo Blanco, Cazares, Luan; Róger Guedes and Ricardo Oliveira.
Previous five matches:
America Mineiro vs Atletico Paranaense 3-1
Corinthians vs America Mineiro 1-0
America Mineiro vs Sao Paulo 1-3
Palmeiras vs America Mineiro 1-1
America Mineiro vs Botafogo 1-0
Atletico Mineiro vs Chapecoense 3-3
Sport Recife vs Atletico Mineiro 3-2
Atletico Mineiro vs Flamengo 0-1
Atletico Mineiro vs Cruzeiro 1-0
Chapecoense vs Atletico Mineiro 0-0
América’s next game is at Gremio, on Sunday. Same day, Atlético will be hosting Fluminense (both Brazil Série A matches).
America Mineiro vs Atletico Mineiro: Head to head Stats
Atlético have six wins in a row over city rivals América, with whom they share the same stadium.
America Mineiro vs Atletico Mineiro: Prediction
Atlético are considered clear favorites to win the game, but I have serious doubts, first because they have been rather mediocre lately, and second because América, at home (no matter if the stadium is shared by both teams), have been awesome since the start of the season. Just for the record, Atlético were given 10% of the available tickets, with the other 90% staying with América, who are actually the owners of the stadium, “renting” it to Atlético for their home matches.
America Mineiro vs Atletico Mineiro: Betting Tips
América’s double chance pays 2.00, better than Atlético’s win alone. Their win in “draw no bet” is at 3.00.